Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Was I supposed to work today?

I could not for the life of me figure out why they weren't showing a new episode of The Amazing Race tonight... until I realized it was Tuesday and not Sunday. Not much good on tv on Tuesdays... but kk and I watched a Lifetime movie called Gracie's Choice, which I couldn't understand why she wanted to watch, but ended up being a really cute movie. The plot was a little dramatic, but the acting wasn't as over the top as most Lifetime movies.
In unrelated news, the new season of Rock of Love starts January 13th on VH1. Let me know if you are watching and we can compare notes. Although I will have to be reminded to take a sedative before any episodes Lacey is in... for some reason she brings out my "That skank needs punched" side.
So I bought myself a dozen roses yesterday and split them up into three vases so my whole house smells yummy and they look gorgeous. I am okay with buying them for myself. I think. Yuck- let's not go there right now.
So in ten glorious hours I will be back at work. It is such a place of mixed feelings lately. I need for it so badly to move to a different stage and out of the crappy one it is in right now, and I am hoping the next two weeks will change the path it is on. I have a specific goal in mind to achieve by the end of the month but it is all resting on one thing. Sorry for being vague- a very short girl I used to work with taught me not to say anything at all that could be misinterpreted! She's a stupid loser. Not much room for interpretation there folks :)
So speaking of being a loser, can anyone tell me if they think it is normal that I feel like a loser because I have no realistic plans to become a home-owner any time soon? Sometimes I feel that my sense of what I am supposed to be doing with my life is so skewed from being a teen mom that I really don't know what normal is. Sigh. It was nice to be able to buy a fake Christmas tree this year and put presents under it that I bought with all my own cash, good presents even, and I know it's not all about money, but a lot of future goals are financially based. I really have no clue.
I want to save up and take kk to China. Now that I know a couple people there in the same province, I think it would be really fun and educational for both of us. Also, kk is a dragon and they revere dragons as good leaders, which would be really fun to learn all about. Any hints about that?

No comments: