Friday, January 11, 2008

kk's nails

My name is Leslie, and I am a nail-biter. (Hi, Leslie)
I have always bitten my nails and have tried lots of things to stop, but it seems to always boil down to the point that I forget I am trying to stop and notice towards the end of biting off whatever progress I have made that dang- I did it again!
It has been very frustrating and I have pretty much accepted the fact that I am a nail biter and that really there are bigger things to worry about than trying not to bite my nails.
Anyways- my daughter happens to have beautiful, strong, naturally shaped nails and she is NOT a biter. Yay! So when we went over to my parents for Christmas, I treated her to her first real manicure at the Butter London salon at the airport. She immediately chose the brightest, reddest red polish they can find, it's official name is Go To Bed Red (nice, right?) which is her usual choice when I do her nails too. But then the manicurist asked her if she wanted sparkles, so she chose gold sparkles to go under her bright red. They looked so pretty. So that manicure lasted until this week when her nails started looking pretty ratty again, so now they are a glossy watery green-blue.
I am so glad she doesn't bite her nails.

No comments: