Thursday, January 3, 2008

Crushin...

Having a harmless crush is fun. Duh. But I seem to have a particular knack for it. I am the best at 'chance' encounters, eye contact, endearing myself to guys as the 'friend who is a girl' harmless type, all those things you must do when you have a crush. And what better place to have a completely innocent crush than work?
OK, besides the fact that work is my only outing besides going to the grocery store, there are plenty of smart, attractive, funny men at my work. OK, not plenty, three. But three is enough to keep rotating! Haha. But what I am wondering is whether a crush is counterproductive when it is on someone who is in my league. I mean, if I think they are cute, funny, and sweet enough to be crushing on them, why wouldn't I try to see if there could be some mutual interest?
i think the answer is probably because I am sooooo terrified of liking someone and them not liking me back. As long as it stays a crush, no one knows of my interest, so there can be no rejection. Hmmm. Don't feel like delving much deeper into the psycho-babble of that one!
Thoughts?

No comments: