Tuesday, January 1, 2008

1/1/2008

I will have to get used to typing that! Also, maybe one of my resolutions should be to start using punctuation while typing again. I will give it a shot and you readers will be able to tell how that one is going for me!
So of course, one of my resolutions will be to blog every day. If Korin can do it and she has three more people to take care of than I do, why can't I? No reason! So consider this your warning that incredibly lame and boring things lie ahead (well, if I am going to be blogging about my life, anyways!)
I was trying to think of a really good resolution and one that is both achievable and challenging... which nixes money managing and weight loss... and I think I came up with one: to figure out what makes me happy, and then figure out how to make it happen without having to try to terribly hard. The challenge for me here is that I am incredibly lonely, which makes me very unhappy, and I know that a big part of me being happy is to not be lonely... but its not really something that I want to force to happen, so I don't know, it will be a real challenge for me. I know that being the mother of a smart, healthy, happy child should be all it takes to be happy, but I think I am not the only one out there who knows it takes more than that. Not that I wouldn't give up my happiness for her, but I shouldn't have to. You know?
So here is to getting happy, blogging daily, and using punctuation.
Best of wishes to you and yours for a lovely 2008!

4 comments:

The Miller's said...

My very wise Aunt once told me that to find the kind of people that you want to associate with you have to become that person. So just work on being the kind of person you want to be with and you will naturally find someone with like interests and values, etc.

I haven't been single for a long time so I know it's probably easy for me to say, but it makes sense to me. Good luck and I look forward to hearing about your life again!

Leslie said...

Very wise, indeed... definitely words to think on. Maybe it is time to go to a different church. I know that is something that is very important to me.
Thanks for the imput!

ABW said...

I think Chris counts as another kid, so make that 4, whiney, needy, demanding children!

Glad to see you are back! And you know I am all over that school thing! I would help if I was there. I should make a resolution to use less !!!!!

Leslie said...

Haha Korin-
Chris does count as a kid... but a kid that is old enough to work, drive, and babysit. So he gets bonus points!