Sunday, June 3, 2007

Weekend #3 in the sun :)

Remember on my list of ten things, that one of them was to spend at least four weekend days at the lake, beach, pool, etc.?
Well I have done 3 out of 4. The last two weekends I have spent a ton of time in the sun and have raccoon eyes to show f0r it. Yesterday was the gig harbor parade and kk and i went and hung out with keith from her class and his dad- a couple of great guys. talked the whole time and had a blast. of course he is married. ho hum.
Every year at the parade the cutters point truck is in the parade and the owner aaron who i went to high school with goes behind the truck and throws out regular bags of coffee beans to the crowd and it is always a big hit. he doesnt throw out very many so its rare that ayone i know ever gets the beans. but this year, i caught the beans! yeah i know it doesnt take much to make me happy LOL. although others would tell you differently.
So after the parade we hurried to the baseball field for team pictures and kk's game and morgan and tony came too. it was nice to have someone else there to cheer for kk. i feel like a bad mom because she is the only one on her team that doesnt have at least two parents showing up for games. i wonder if she notices. Anyways morgan was quite a scene. She is due tuesday so she is the size of a small mansion and she was hollering for kk every time she was up to bat or fielding. it was so funny- kk kept getting all embarrassed but i think she secretly liked the attention. Tony and I were throwing the football around which I love to do but I dont own a football so i dont get to do that too often. Then after kks game we came home and put on swimsuits and went to the lake with morgan, tony, and some of tonys friends. tony is a good guy and i am glad that he and morgan found each other. i never would have pictured her with him but they work really well together. i guess there is someone for everyone. met another great guy, one of tonys friends but of course he is already snatched up too. he kept wanting to argue with me which for some reason i found kinda hot LOL but maybe it was the mental stimulation i had been lacking recently that made the arguing pique my interest. anyways we had a good time, bbq at the lake and more football. Got hit in the forehead with the ball one time but i had a bit of sunburn so you couldnt even tell haha. beer and meandering and then home for the evening.
Sunday we got up early and I was planning on working all day. I had made arrangements for kk to go to a friends house between morning and evening church so I could work because there is a ton to do getting ready for our new system that supposedly I am implementing...
So anyways i stayed two hours late friday and did all the mom/fun stuff saturday so i could work all day sunday, then three hours into what I had to do sunday to be ready for monday, the power went out. So we went and had a margarita waiting for the power to come back on and it never did. So now I am way behind and I will try to go in early tomorrow but the earliest I can get there is 645 since kks daycare doesnt open till 630 at the earliest. But I will try because there is just so much to do. I wanted to be all done but it is jsut not going to happen. But who knows what the power of caffeine can do for me in the morning? Sunday ended by picking up kk at church and packing up another load of stuff into the car. I have no clue how I am going to get it OUT of the truck and into my house, but when I went to pick up my coatrack and load it into the back of the truck it was so heavy. But I took a deep breath and did it. Guess i am a little tougher than i thought :)

Not quite sure what the rest of the week brings other than getting teased for my raccoon sunburn face and some uncomfortable peeling. Im not editing this post because i dont feel like it so sorry if it is non-sensical rambling.

Stevie Nicks' 'Landslide' is such a beautiful song. Have a great week readers and friends!

No comments: