Saturday, June 23, 2007

the rice cooker

is amazing... as a cereal bowl. so at this point in the game we have moved some stuff from the kitchen but not all of it, so this morning when we went to eat cereal we had to make do. it was funny eating frosted flakes out of this huge bowl with this huge plastic rice spoon that barely had any dip to it. because we are a bit slow, we will probably do the same thing tomorrow. i will try to take pics of kk and post here- it is quite funny to watch.

i will try to figure out how to DL a little movie clip i took of kk at the hospital when i had to bribe her to hold the baby. so funny- she looked terrified lol.

in other news, lets recap friday. by far NOT the best day i have ever had. lets start at the beginning:

It was the first shower at my new place. I found I had shampoo but not conditioner. great start. so then i locate some sampler bottles from some hotel (it pays to be a theif!) and get in the shower. Amazing water pressure and I am looking forward to being woken up properly... until i notice that half the water is shooting from the place where the pipe connects to the showerhead and going over the shower curtain into the rest of the bathroom. ugh. so i turn the showerhead around to where the excess water is now shooting into the shower wall and ricocheting right back into my face. ouch. then the shower curtain starts doing that weird sticking to the side of my body thing so i am trying to wash my hair and stuff while being attacked by the shower curtain.

i survive and make it out of the shower, get dressed and leave on time, no traffic, everything looks good. i drop kk off at school for her last day at that school- sad!- and when i go to write the time down that i am checking her in at, i notice i am running about 15 minutes late. WTF? i had counted backwards and planned so carefully- even gave 15 minutes leeway (SP?) jsut in case. ohhhhh i had counted how long it takes to get from my work to her school, not our new place to her school. damn. so i call work to let them know i was running late and start stressing because it went to msg and didnt beep, so i dont know if they got the msg or not until i get there lol.

So I get to work, my first day at my new job that my boss is going to be gone which means i am the go-to person (SCARY) and i see that already there is a paper on my chair saying we are out of something fix it now. oh great. so i rush downstairs and try to figure out where they all are. i cant find any so i go to ask engineering and by this point bowlie is helping me look and goes into engineering with me, where mr Wacky Engineer In The Basement pulls out a couple of tubes of the thing i am looking for. YAY!!! Im not getting fired!!! well- unless they arent a match to the current product. So bowlie takes a look and in the meantime, mr WEITB is telling me about how he doesnt bother learning names because people are getting fired right and left and on and on and i am starting to be reminded of how tight my budget is, and how i jsut moved somewhere where i dont know the labor market and if i got fired what would i do- i jsut signed a lease etc. etc. so i am starting to get a little worried and bowlie is taking forever to tell me if the parts are a match and the only thing i can think in my mind is that if they were right he would have already told me, so they must be wrong and he is trying to think of a nice way to tell me they are wrong. so the tension is building and bowlie looks at me and says they dont match, and i started tearing up and then he goes yes they do hahaha and i stabbed him with the tube and probably called him an asshole or something then i really started crying a little bit cause im a big fat baby. well on emotional hormonal days i am.

wait theres more.

ok so then i quit crying, go back upstairs, and start crying again telling wondergirl what jsut happened. then i am fine. for a while. theres a potluck for bowlies last day and that is good because we all know how much i love a sauce covered meat of any kind, and there was an abundance on display. so its all great, the day goes on, pretty uneventful, then it is time for bowlie to leave and he comes upstairs and is like peace out and i was like see ya and then he was gone. and i didnt want to say see ya i wanted to give him a big squeezy hug and tell him how special he is to me and that i havent made a friend like that in a long time, and that work was going to suck majorly without him there to make me smile. some people you jsut click with. i dont share secrets with many people but he was just someone i felt like i had already known forever. anyways so i looked out the window to see if i could still go tell him all that and his truck was gone and i started crying again because i hate goodbyes and i hate that feeling like i didnt get to tell him really how much he meant to me and i think it is so important to let people who mean something to you know that they mean something to you. im sure in the scheme of things i didnt mean that much to him as he did to me but i think that the role he played in my life the last month has been really to keep me sane and happy while a bunch of major stuff changed- new job, a new place in a new town, and newly single. so yeah i got sad. what can i say im an emotional schmuck.

so i dry my tears, take out the trash because its janitor friday, and go to leave on time bc kk is at the ymca and i HAVE to be there by 430 or they will charge a dollar a minute overtime. I get in my car and drive down the street and see that the highway is closed. to the point that they are diverting traffic off of it onto the street i was on. shit. so i turn around and drive into work and ask someone who is leaving if they know any other way to gig harbor because i have 20 minutes to get my kid and he says yeah jsut follow me. so i am optomistic that the 430 thing can be done. until we go to the first shortcut to the freeway and see that everyone else had that idea too. we turn around, pull over and he says he knows tons of roads so jsut keep following him. so i follow and follow and realize there is no way i am going to make it. i start going through my phone list and realize i feel like i dont have anyone who can help me by getting kk. so finally i stop at kehli and call her and start crying asking if she can try to get online and find me the number to the ymca center so i can call and tell them i was going to be late due to traffic and please dont worry... or charge me. she says she will jsut go pick her up, which in typical kehli style is above and beyond. so kk is taken care of. i calm down and finally after a couple wrong turns find my way into gig harbor and kehli's house to pick up kk.

by the time i get to kehlis's house, my psyche is shot. like i know all i want to do is crawl into bed for a long long time. i find out when i get to her house that she had left from setting up a surprise party to go pick up kk. what a woman. i said why didnt you tell me? i would have found someone else to go get her. and she said thats why i didnt tell you, because i knew you needed me and this could wait and i didnt want you telling me not to worry. so then what did i do? yup. started crying again. that selfless serving quality kehli has and what she had jsut said to me reminded me so much of my grandma. jsut putting others before herself, no matter what. at any cost. you cant learn that, you are either born that way or not. i am so lucky to have known two women with that quality.

Wrapping up the day, we went to dinner, drove to tacoma to pick up another load of stuff, went to walmart for a new showerhead and um some other junk and went home and unloaded. sigh. that was almost emotionally draining jsut writing about.

dont worry today was better! more on that tomorrow!

No comments: