Wednesday, June 13, 2007

i've been schmoozed!!!

a nice part of my new job is sales reps come out and basically kiss our asses so we buy their stuff. of course, we dont have to buy anything we dont want to, and they are too busy with their bazillion other customers to bother us to terribly much if we dont respond to them right away. plus we already have most of our stock set up in bond with one supplier so we are pretty golden as long as i forecast correctly.
Anyways, today we had a visit from a bothell company, the industrial sales rep (A) who my boss and i already talk to, and his boss (N) the sales manager. So they drive up in a shiny new black s-class and come upstairs.
Sidenote: It is always interesting to me to see people for the first time who you talk to over other means of comunication. A lot of people meet online, and that is different because there is usually a photo or webcam so you still have a general idea what a person looks like. One guy I met online however looked nothing like his old ass picture, which is neither a good or bad thing, as neither was particularly impressive. The last big sales rep I met turned out to be this snaky little man, which shocked and surprised me because of the magic he can pull off with getting us product.
Anyhoo back to today. I was pulling POs from the binder to give to Tiff when Mish the wonder receptionist came around and told me A and N were here. Damn, my boss was downstairs so I had to meet them first. Deep breath, shy girl. OK So I turn around and standing in front of me were this incredibly gorgeous man (N) and his chubby sidekick (A). Yowzers. Chubby sidekick made my heart skip a beat LOL I am sure I turned all red but oh well. So I met them and although handsome men are nice to look at, they are not really my style. But I couldnt believe how attracted to A i was. So then my boss comes upstairs and we all go into the conference room to schmooze or be schmoozed. How fabulous to be able to be treated to eye candy. And what a nice guy he was too. Fabulous start to the day.
It was great to have the tangible evidence in front of me that even though I had forgotten how stunning and wonderful i am and that any man would be lucky to have me, here he was to remind me how many fish are in the sea, and if the one I have spent the last 6 months basting in my skillet overcooks, throw him back and start over and the results can be way better. OK sorry but what would a blog from me be without my shitty analogies LOL
So then the day is great from that point on. They leave and I work hard and Oh yeah it was payday... which is great because I am hourly and get to make OT. Until i get my check and realize that I did not get paid for memorial day like i was told i would. WTF? because I specifically asked and told that i was and I should have gotten everything in writing from the office manager. Blah I know better than that. So now since OT is not OT, my check is a couple hundred less than i thought it would be. Guess I will have to wait till next pay period to get my automatic garage door opener :( But we all know that is not the point. Not only that, other employess who finish their shift before i do had been calling that their paychecks were bouncing. so i didnt even go to the bank today- no point. but that was a crappy way to end the day... but it wasnt over yet.
So I work about 45 minutes past quitting time and go to the liquor store, and who should page on my way there but mr man, asking me why some simple conversation yesterday had turned into something so dramatic.
I have to interrupt myself here to make the point that somehow I fould the only man on the face of the planet who thinks I am a drama queen.
So yeah how do i explain in a text message, not that i even wanted to, that it was hard for me to have the convo last night because i heard some really unpleasant things about his feelings or lack of feelings for me, and that the whole phone call was pretty much to say goodbye because i wasnt going to contact him anymore? i guess it is harder for me than it is for him to say goodbye. So i tried to explain that and pretty much have my feelings voided as is practice for the two of us. I have tried so many ways to tell him that not only does he not make me feel important like he used to and like he should as the exclusive man in my life... he makes me feel unimportant most of the time. But nothing i say seems to make any sense to him so why even try.
So I ended that call yesterday saying he knows how to get ahold of me. But I dont think he will, since I am too high-maintenance. (you have got to be kidding me) anyways... so that whole thing is over.
Back to work in the morning- im so glad it is thursday but i sure hope i dont have to do anything with the OM cause I feel like slappin somebody todaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay... (amanda its not you for once HAHAHAHAHA)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No because today I feel like slapping somebody today! SLAP SLAP! hahah!