Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Today was rather strange

Yeah. Work was okay but I was a little blue so I asked my boss to throw it at me and ummmm yeah she took that and cubed it and multiplied by sevenoogoldodecaplex (yes that is a real number.) So I worked my booty off which always feels good- a little challenging running up and down stairs and ladders in flip flops. I think I will need to wear sneakers tomorrow.
At lunch I went and got us all Frosties from Wendys and that was a perfect lunch on such a hot day. So work was good overall. I left five minutes early and go pick up kk from baseball, which because it was a short week, I had completely forgotten about until 2pm so she didnt have her mitt or anything. Bad mom moment. Anyways so I picked her up from baseball and there had been an unfortunate incident brought to my attention from her teacher via email earlier that day that we had to speak about. Speaking was actually the problem. That girl will not shut up during class. So I had her write her 20 sentences and let her know that the possibility of getting a trampoline this summer would be nill if I received one more email like that. We will see if that works at all.
We went and cashed my check and got ice cream- then went over to katey and ernies house for a bit, then went to my blood pressure check appointment... and I passed! So what that means is I dont have to go back to that horrid wretched place for a year. Awesome.
We went and grabbed a bite to eat then headed to TJMaxx looking for a new pair of inexpensive, comfortable, but cute and sensible shoes for work. When it was time to go, the woman in line in front of me forgot her wallet in the car. Oh wait, no she didnt, here it is. But her credit card is not there, its in the car so she will be right back. But wait she thinks she has $5 cash in her purse. Oh no, she was wrong, so she needs to go back out to the car. Sigh. So she runs out to her car and her daughter waits there, but the cashier motions for me and kk to come forward, I say something jokingly about I brought my money into the store with me because I knew I would use it (haha) thinking nothing of the comment. So kk and I pay and leave the store. We get out to the car and are about to get in the car when I hear a bunch of honking. I turn around to see what is going on and see a truck back right into a car which was already in the middle of the row with a huge CRUNCH.
Yikes.
The old man driving the car who had already backed out and was honking got out of his camry and started yelling and swearing at the younger male driver of the truck that was at fault. Cutie-pie truck driver didnt have much to say. Two little scratches on the truck and a BIG dent in the back of the camry. I went over and gave my name and phone number to the old camry guy (not the truck hottie, darnit) in case his insurance needed a witness because i literally saw and heard everything, and because insurance companys suck ass. Anyways so i was on my way back to the car and from across that section of parking lot I hear "theres that girl, like she never forgot her credit car in the car" from ms. forgetful from ten minutes ago at tjmaxx. WTF? Is she really so mad she has to talk trash with both of our kids around? I said something jokingly, and not even to her, so her loudmouth little brat must have spun whatever I said. Anyways I jsut looked at her like she was nuts, asked her if she had something to say to me, and she jsut walked away. I hope Im not angry and bitter like that when im 45. Wait- who am I kidding? One more heartbreak and it will turn black and fall out LOL
OK so then we leave the parking lot and are driving away when who jaywalks right in front of us but cranky old bat and her snotty brat daughter. So since she walks right in front of me and even though it is jaywalking it would be illegal to hit her, she slows down and takes her sweet time. So since I have all my windows down I say loudly "take all the time you need to waddle across the street sister, I have all day" and she shoots me a dirty look and continues into target. Yes she drove from TJMaxx to Target even though the stores are only one store apart and it wasnt even raining. So that was the end of that. Homeward Bound.
Home. My refuge. Except it is torn all apart packing everything and sorting into keep, toss, or garage sale. What is wrong with me that I would go buy something more to bring into this mess? I dont blame men for not being able to understand women- I dont freaking understand myself most of the time either.
So tonight I am watching the Shear Genius finale on Bravo, packing, talking on the phone, and wishing I could go back a month in time and un-do something I did. Maybe then I would still be the girl who got to feel the joy of an unexpected "jsut crawled into bed- miss you" text.
Someday. Sad doesnt last that long, it just sucks to be in the middle of it.

No comments: