Sunday, May 20, 2007

this weekend

was pretty good for the most part. lets review the highlights.
Friday i worked late, which has become the pattern at this job. I dont mind it; after three weeks i still like my job and feel like i made a great decision and see myself being there quite a while. my boss says the same about me, which is always nice to hear! KK and I grabbed some dinner and went over to Kateys house to hang out and have some beers while the kids played. It was great to see them. katey and I have been through so much together and it is such a great feeling to have a true friend for life, who is never afraid to tell me how it really is.
Theres Katey with a couple of drinks in here in Canada over the winter- maybe New Years Eve.

Fabulous Friday didnt last, however, due to my new neighbors. They thought shooting bb guns off the deck would be a good way to introduce themselves to the neighborhood. While that may work for Bubba and Kevbo out in the backwoods, that doesnt fly in the middle of the city. Morons. So I did what any pissed off, cranky, sleep-deprived woman trying to watch the original west side story would do: called the cops. So the cops come out, make a bunch more noise, and i go to bed around midnight. Sounds like the end of the day, yes? NO. haha, tricked you.

200 am- i hear an assload of noise outside my bedroom window. I get up, open the blinds, and see a tow-truck unloading one of my crackhead neighbors cars. so since they are all already up, i guess they figure everyone should be up. they are laughing and carrying on, clanking chains around everywhere, stuff like that, jsut making mmmmmm about as much noise as possible. at 230 it finally stops. So I go back to bed. The worst part of this is that when i was awakened at 200, i was in the middle of a horrible mightmare and felt scared and panicky, went thru my apartment checking doors closets and windows looking for the attackers who had been there before i woke up. So when i fell back asleep i had a bad headache and didnt sleep well the whole rest of the night, which unfortunately only lasted till slightly after 8am. Then saturday began.
Kaytelin had an 11am baseball game out at Kopachuck Upper so we went to my old work to stop by and see Tammy (my old boss) and Myrna, the most badass lady i have ever met. So we hung out there for a little while then went to her game, where a few girls were gone and i got to talk to the coaches wife, who is one of the two moms i do not want to smack for being so snobby and uppity as to make me uncomfortable being around them. She is cool. thumbs up in my book. about 45 minutes into the game it started to pour so we huddled together under someone else's (read: someone more prepared!!!) blanket to keep out of the rain as much as we could. Game over at 1230 and kk and I headed to lunch. I wanted to get a new dress from old navy so i told her if she bahaved i would take her to KFC for lunch. She did, so we ate and headed to run some more errands. She was supposed to be at Mistys at 4 but we didnt get back home till 3, and i had to bake cookies, shave my legs, apply self-tanner, and clean the front rom and my room before we left. I am glad I got all that done because I ended up being rushed for the rest of the afternoon. The day ended with the most delicious $7 Peach beer http://www.merchantduvin.com/pages/5_breweries/lindemans_peche.html I have ever tasted in my life and a 10pm viewing of Shrek the Third. Enjoyable day.
Sunday was nice also- stayed in bed till after 11 then got up and went on a Mission: Not Quite Impossible to find air hockey pucks. had a great very yummy lunch and a strong drink at TGI fridays and then went and picked up KK and took her to Prims. Had a nap which is always a pleasurable experience, now I am writing this and getting ready for bed. Tomorrow is another day :)
TTFN haha

No comments: