Thursday, May 24, 2007

how was your day at work honey?

It was fine, babe, thanks for asking!
Then why are you so hungry and bitchy?
Ohhhhhh yeah, because it wasnt fine.
Really, why not? What happened?
So sweet of you to ask. Well, the first thing was that i knew we were having sales people come in and meet with us and engineering about our new projects and the future sourcing needs that would come out of manufacturing this part in US instead of China. So to look more professional, I ditched the accepted jeans and sneakers and put on a nice business suit complete with uncomfortable shoes. Hey, why not, I was going to be chillaxin in the boardroom for a good part of the day and at a nice restaurant schmoozing for another great part of it.
Well that makes sense hun. Whats the problem?
Problem was that the main component of the item we were to have production build today didnt get on the UPS plane from Ontario like it was supposed to.
What a naughty little package.
I know, right? So anyways, since we dont have that new MRP system up and running yet because the office manager is 'completely overwhelmed' (like everyone else in the world isnt) and we cant do anything until we get the GL codes into the new system, all I had to go on for scheduling the line was what we had in stock, which without those pieces from Ontario couldn't be done.
Ohhhhhhhhhhh, I see.
Yeah. (sighs) So. We get to figure out by quick cycle counting what builds we have all the components for so that production doesnt literally come to a screeching halt. I wonder if it would really screech. Doubt it. Anyways, strangely enough, the whole reason those items were ont he production schedule for today was because we ahd sourcing issues with the 06-15's, which are a main component of almost all of our builds that didnt rely on the parts that missed the Ontario plane.
***ATTENTION: THIS BLOG HAS BEEN INTERRUPTED TO GO KILL THAT SPIDER***
Ok where was I? Oh yes- much easier to remember what I was saying when I have my whole two-sided conversation typed in front of me.
Anyways, I found some stuff for them to do and my boss crawled up UPS's ass and had an anger baby.
Good job showing your skills, babe. So the rest of the day was good?
No, not really. Since we had figured upon being schmoozed by sales people, I didnt bring anything for lunch, and when they asked us to go I had to decline and catch up with everything that had to be waited on because of the fire. So that explains my hungriness. And my appreciation for garlic butter green beans as soon as i got home.
So what explains your bitchiness?
Wow, what doesnt? just kidding. I didnt get a coffee this morning so I have been battling an awful caffeine headache all day. And Im feeling super-fat because Im walking funny in these shoes that I wore to look all impressive not only do they do that, they also hurt like someone kicking me in the ribs all day with stillettos. So yeah, my feet hurt, all I really need is to have them rubbed though and wear sneakers tomorrow and they will be fine. Oh yeah and I was a total bitch to someone this morning because that whole 'need to be appreciated' trait that I have came sneaking back up on me and I couldnt stifle it.
OK. Well, you dont look fat, you look beautiful. Unfortunately, since I am not real, I cant rub your feet, but I hope talking to me helped.
It totally did, Mr Imaginary Honey. Now enough about me. How was your day?
I didn't have a day, gorgeous. Remember? You only made me up like an hour ago.
Oh yeah. Well in that case, I am going to quit talking to you, since you dont really exist. But thanks again for everything. It all meant alot to me.
You're welcome! And remember- you can reimagine me any time. Any woman as smart, sassy, and sexy as you should always have exactly what she wants.

Yeah- good place to end this blog.

No comments: