Tuesday, May 15, 2007

a kitsap adventure

my mission, since i chose to accept it, was to find a place to cash my paycheck, my first one from my new job, and get a $15 money order to pay the (wait- have to do a google search on what do you call people from holland, brb) oh yeah- dutch- i shuddup i should have known that... okay to pay the dutch rental lady for the credit check.
ok so since i do not currently have a bank account, i needed to either A: open one, or B: go to a check-cashing place and get it cashed for a nominal fee. OK considering option A, I didnt have the proper paperwork, I only had my ID and SS card with me
ok back to the story- I went into Kitsap Bank to open an account and was told that was fine with the ID i had, except they would not be able to cash my check, they would have to hold it for a couple days to 'get things established.' OK well fine but i needed the $15 for the dutch lady. so that was out. Strike one.
Went driving around Bremerton looking for a check cashing place- didnt find a single one. but i tried... for an hour and a half. drove up and down and down and up east and west and tried following where the traffic was going to find business areas but ended up like wtf is everything in bremerton an auto repair shop or a bank or a crackhouse? got lost in disturbia and had a nise leisurely drive through nobody knows but ended up finding myself at a place that i had mistakenly gotten lost at last week. i recognized it enough to get myself the heck outta there. OK most people know i love to drive and take drives, but few if any know how much i HATE HATE HATE to be lost. thankfully it very rarely ever happens
so after i meandered back to the 3 i went up to silverdale, but instead of getting off at the mall exit which would have put me in exactly the place i needed to be, i got off at the earlier exit into south of silverdale. followed the traffic, and finally found a check cashing place. So happy!!! especially because i was starting to stick to my seat like you only can when you are wearing a skirt that doesnt come to your knees. plus i had to pee. badly.
so i go in and this gorgeous chickie smiles at me that of course she can help me, then takes my info and frowns at me that they do not verify bank of america paychecks. Strike two. But she does give me the somehwat helpful yet oh-so-vague information that the Cash Box by the safeway in bremerton probably would. OK good. except i dont know what safeway in bremerton. or where any are, but i assume there are multiples. So since i am Smart Driver With Amazing Instincts Woman, I just get in my car and start driving in a direction that feels east.
I end up in construction and a detour, of course, then see the dreaded sign "Freeway Entrance" wtf? there arent supposed to be any freeways in east bremerton. no one told me. i did not get the memo.
hate to do it, but i call my mom. she tries her best to find the east bremerton safeway but gives up when she cant figure out why the safeway website wants her to log in jsut to find a store. she is of the school that believes anyone who wants a password is going to take your credit card information and steal your identity.
so to end my story because im pissed off now because i formatted this wrong and when i 'saved as draft' it erased a bunch of the entertaining part:. after three hours i acheived my mission, got some pretty good orange chicken and met some pretty girls and hot guys along the way.
adventure closed.

3 comments:

The Miller's said...

Oh my gosh Leslie. You SO should have called me! You were only 1/2 mile from my house when you exited in Silverdale. I would have helped you figure out where to go and saved you a bunch of time and frustration. Next time you're in Kitsap and need help with anything CALL ME! I'm going to email my numbers now. Glad it all worked out and that you had some high points along the way!

Leslie said...

awesome- i got the place today- so we are not far from each other if i am just south of jackson park, right? i am putting your digits in my phone now :)

The Miller's said...

You're like 5 minutes from me. Even closer to my parents - like 2 minutes probably. They live on Erlands Pt.