Wednesday, August 15, 2007

wednesday night tradition

during the summer has become blogging during commercial breaks of top chef. so not really any flow to follow but oh well. i know that predictability is not one of my top 5 best features ;)
ok so i am getting nauseous (one of my hardest words to remember how to spell) thinking about having teeth ripped out of my jaw tomorrow. im very excited but i also freak out at anything dental ever since my dentist tried to kill me 18 years ago. so i am trying to keep myself distracted so i dont overthink anything going into tomorrow.
i jsut feel like commenting right now, maybe talkin a little trash, or who knows- if i talk long enough i may have some kind of epiphany or say something brilliant (dont hold your breath) :P lots of side notes and brain wanders in this blog, yes? (and lots and lots of parentheses!!!)
i am going to go to the top 5 search movers and see what kind of disasters people care about these days:
1. High School Musical 2: Loved the first one- have seen it several times. HSM2 debuts Friday night on the Disney channel and I am going to watch it with kk and however many of her friends want to watch it with us. Troy Bolton is so dreamy... but i still wont let kk get HSM clothes with his face all over them!
2. Consumer Product Safety Commission: Um- how much are we paying these people to jsut find lead in toys now?!? OK to any of you who saw the story about chinese food vendors stuffing cardboard and mixed paper into hamburger buns to save money- im sure you are not surprised by lead paint on toys. No one can keep our kids or us safe all the time- but this was a pretty major oversight. if they can put powder in a tube and mix it with something and if it is cocaine it turns blue like on COPS, you would think they would have some easy kind of test for lead in paint. DUH!
3. Roz Savage: OK i didnt know who this was until just now. I googled her name and came up with some one-legged woman who sailed across the Atlantic alone or soemthing. Boo. Do something really impressive- like find room in my budget for car insurance. kidding folks, kidding.
4. Tropical Storm Erin: Glad I dont live anywhere where stuff like that happens. It is nice and calm up here... where we await The Big One. who knows if it will happen in our lifetimes. not something i care to dwell about. Anyways back to Erin. i jsut dont think i could live somewhere where my home was pounded over and over and over. How many times can you repair and move ahead? I know myself well enough to figure it would beat me down after time. Hope everyone stays safe and this is a little tiny thing that fizzles out by the time it gets to my texan beauty queen.
5. Graceland Mansion: Its being renovated or remodeled and Elvis fans cant go tour most of it to celebrat the anniversary of hir birth or death or something. Yawn.
This is really the 5th most searched term on the web? Its a sad sad world we live in.
OK off to drink a little lemonade as my last thing before surgery. wish me luck!

2 comments:

The Miller's said...

Luck! Let us know how it went. Also, I want to know the story of the dentist that tried to kill you.

ABW said...

No rain here yet. What is it with Chris being gone every time a hurricane or TS is headed this direction? Useless I tell ya!