Friday, August 10, 2007

Help! My kitchen has The Funk

there is a smell in my kitchen. i dont know where it comes from. i clean it all the time so there isnt even anything i see that could possibly be making my kitchen smell. any ideas? i am very sensitive to smells and it sucks being here because i smell it over candles, room spray, lysol, everything. i already pour like a cup or two of concentrated bleach down the drain every evening and it is like all it does is make my kitchen smell like bleach for half an hour and then it is back to being smelly. i have no fresh produce out. my bread isnt moldy. my trash is empty, my garbage can is clean. what the heck? someone help me!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hmmmm.
do you have a drainboard for dishes to dry? that could be getting funky.
Or the dishwasher.
it might be easier if you could explain what TYPE of funk smell it is.
i, too, have an overly-active sense of smell so i feel your frustration.

Leslie said...

I dont have a drainboard. I can check out the dishwasher but i prewash all my dishes before they go in and i have only used it like three times. Its almost like a cooked broccoli kind of smell- like bad veggies. what could i check on the dishwasher in case that is what it is?

Jamianza said...

Do you have a garbage disposal? Sometimes those can get icky, though i think the bleach would take care of that. They do have cleaning tablets that you can run through the garbage disposal though....and i just saw an ad for a dishwasher cleaner also....Good luck (o:

Leslie said...

nope i dont have a garbage disposal. i know there are lots of cheap ways to run a cleaning cycle on your dishwasher- maybe i will try one of those. i am jsut so perplexed!