Wednesday, August 1, 2007

My jaw hurts!

OK so if this blog seems a little disjointed, i have to admit i am writing during Top Chef commercial breaks.
Yeah my jaw hurts... I have an appointment on the 16th to have my wisdom teeth pulled on the right side of my mouth, I had the two on the left side of my mouth pulled when i was 8 or 9 by the same oral surgeon that is doing it this time. I went in last week to have my little anesthesia talk and panoramic mouth x-ray thing done and they told me i had grown another wisdom tooth in my left upper jaw. No freaking wonder i am such a genius! (lame I KNOW) so yeah i get to have had 5 wisdom teeth pulled in my life woohoo right? Anyways i look forward to the pain being gone. vicodin and percoset barely take the edge off. no i dont take them at the same time :P
i love top chef... but i would much (wow i totally forgot for a second how to spell much) rather eat that food than cook it- as most of u know by now lol but sometimes after i watch it i get all domestic and have like all four burners and the oven going at once. then i pig out for like yeah well till it is gone lol thankfully i bought a scale and although the number on it is always way higher than i want it to be, as long as it doesnt continually get bigger i am cool with it. i dont have to weigh a little number to know im one hot mama
so the girls and i have been working on the front staircase. who are the girls? me, kk, and two of her friends who are also neighbors and seem to be at my house constantly. which is fine- they are sweethearts. anyways, i have a 14-step staircase going down the hill in front of my house. the driveway is on a hill and the guy who lived here before me was really old, so the handyman built him this little staircase with a railing going from the street to the house. It is jsut packed dirt framed in wood, but i had a bunch of bricks and decided that to add a little traction to the stairs, i would put a row of bricks at the front of each step so it isnt jsut loose dirt. so we have to dig out the dirt- which works much better with the claw end of the hammer than a hand shovel, for some reason... anyways its fun. but my butt muscles are sore from the weird positioning to stand on a hill and dig.
i really like my new place. you should come see it. yeah YOU. i can say that to everybody because the whopping two people who have come to see my place both dont read this blog lol
barbeque at fat rascals tomorrow night for dinner. yeehaw- cant wait for that. will make getting thru my horrendous workday worthwhile.
the bridge disaster in minnesota... i know some folks who moved there when my old job closed down and transferred to about 15 minutes away from minneapolis. i hope everyone is ok. i only have one friend really more of a close work colleague that i know in minnesota and she is far away but i am thinking of everyone out there. one of the guys who was there who called into MSNBC said that people couldnt see at one point in front of them that the bridge had collapsed so they jsut drove into the hole... which scared me being so close to the narrows bridge. that was always one of my fears. i thought about it every time i crossed the bridge late late at night or early early in the morning when there were no other cars on it- what if there are no cars coming in the other direction because it has collapsed in the middle and they are all driving off the bridge into the water? i try to tell myself that could never happen but... obviously it can. i am thankful my bridge days are behind me for the most part.
special shout out to amanda- have fun in the dalles!

No comments: