Wednesday, April 25, 2007

This started as a blog about a Random Picture

saw this on ambers blog (amberlyplace.blogspot.com)... she randomly picks a picture and then talks about it. since i am currently lacking inspiration and overcome with feelings of uncertainty about the future, i havent been blogging because- well- that stuff is kinda personal. but anyways, with no further adieu, a pic:


This is a picture of my grandmothers property where the old garage used to be. The garage is gone now, thanks to 60 years of dryrot, some chains, and a 4x4. You can see the side of the house to the left of the picture. Straight ahead is the bridge over the creek where i used to play when i was little. i picked mint out of the creek and ate it and the blueberries growing on either side of the bridge. All the trees in the back are her property too and my friends and i used to go trekking up the hillside- its a big area, especially to a little kid- and go until we couldnt go any further. I spent most of my childhood there while my dad was a workaholic and my mom was in the hospital- and it has always been home to me more even than the home my parents have lived in since 1984.

Now both homesteads are for sale. My grandma, the most important woman in my life, has been dead 4 years now. My parents are moving to the other side of the state. Not a good feeling to be being left All Alone. People say that I can always talk to them, that they are always available if I want to talk, but no one really is. They have their own lives and friends and families and problems, and dont really want to listen to mine, or even just tell me that things will work out. People as a rule are self-centered, and somehow I always end up the listener, when all I really want is someone to talk to.

Thats probably why I have this blog in the first place.

No comments: