Monday, April 9, 2007

beauty and the geek

that show always makes me laugh. i wonder if it is only on mtv re-runs because ashton kutcher is a producer...? Please, whatever you do, dont put me in a room with a bunch of chicks who cant identify a picture of john kerry, or name two MLB teams from california. id end up going to jail for trying to put some learnin to them. or for that matter, dont put me in a room full of men who think that having more than two pairs of shoes is ridiculous, and buying flowers is a waste of money. who says making someone smile is worthless? i think sometimes the most ridiculous sentiments can make someone feel the most special.
in other news...
went on vacation for four days this weekend. it was exactly what i needed. i quit worrying about the future and resigned myself to the life i am living right now, the good, the bad, and the ugly. going into this weekend, there were three things that were bugging me alot, and i told myself i wasnt going to think about any of the three of them till i was on my way back to reality. the three things were: job, apartment, and relationship.
truth is, most of my life is pretty fab. i decided not to move until later this summer. that will give me the chance to save up some, and get kk out of school, etc. plus- i like my place, i will have time to get rid of lots of stuff, and not spend my great summer worrying about a big place.
i have a meager paycheck that pays my meager bills right now, so i can afford (literally LOL) to wait for the perfect job offer. i want to work in gig harbor or port orchard, make more than i do, have better bennies, etc. i know thats asking alot, but im worth it, i give a bazillion percent at work, and any empoyer would be thrilled to have me. cocky? no. confident? hell yes.
my last topic of concern before this vacation was the stickiest: what do i want vs. what do i need from a relationship? i know i want to be someone's one and only someone, but what exactly does that entail? for now, i guess i am happy enough. i will know when i find whats missing. because as complete as i am, and as complete as my life is, i know in my heart and soul it is meant to be shared with someone who feels the same. im excited for love to find me! i know its worth the wait.

No comments: