Wednesday, July 11, 2007

while i was gone

i was thinking about posting the week in review as an interview because it usually turns out pretty entertaining when i interview myself... but when i can feel sweat trickling down my legs and i am jsut sitting here- well suffice it to say all the funny is sucked out of me right now.
its hot. im cranky when its so hot.
anyhoo-
kk got really sick and was in the emergency room overnight july 3rd so our 4th was spent laying around doing Nothing. So was the next day except for a super-long emergency visit to the dentist on my part. i have a grotesque fear of the dentist from when one tried to kill me as a youngster... maybe thast story later. anyways kk and i did almost Nothing that day as well but she was feeling better and almost ate something. Then friday more of the same- high fever, being disoriented, not breathing, weird scary stuff for a parent to go thru. So we went back to the docs for more tests and well almost a week later they still havent figured anything out. but she is all better. not on any meds. i am on penecillin for my jaw infection which you know what that does to girls. so yeah intense jaw pain, that antibiotics/female thing, and i threw my back out at the driving range saturday. im a hurtin puppy.
enough complaining. today was payday which means a nice meal with kk at anthonys. we almost always go out to anthonys for dinner on payday. she has improved on fine dining manners tremendously and it is so fun/terrifying to watch my little girl turn into such a young lady.
we have decided i am going to have a goal of getting a pic of kk in every make of car on the market. doesnt sound too hard until you throw in the deloreans and lotuses of the world. i ahve only seen two lotuses on the road Ever in my life. so we will see- but we will sure have fun trying.
so its really hot- we went to the sprayground in tacoma today for a couple hours which was way fun except it is an hour away. top chef is on tonight. i like that show alot and the next food network star, and all that other reality crap. oy. whatever brings on the escape, right? LOL
ok so my old boss asked me today about my love life. which is temporarily non-existent. which is soooo temporarily fine with me. but if anyone knows any quality guys lemme know :) kk and i have been going to the beach alot which used to work to meet people but honestly i am much more into whatever book i am devouring and not even people-watching when we go these days.
sorry this one is boring folks. lets hope things stay boring for a sec- im still reviving myself from the week my boss was gone!
have a good rest of the week readers!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you need ideas of places to go in Kitsap to cool off, let me know...

Lange's Ranch is fun, for starters...

~Amber

Jennifer said...

oh gosh. hope everyone's feeling better.

Leslie said...

awesome i know all the palces in gig harbor and tacoma- you know, horseshoe lake, titlow, etc., but like nothing similar out here. somewhere by the water where kk can splash around and i can get a nice breeze off the water. :)

Anonymous said...

Wildcat Lake is a lot like Horseshoe Lake...it's probably about 10-15 minutes from where you live. Silverdale Waterfront...I don't know if people actually swim there, but definitely wading and just hanging out on the beach...I don't go there much. Then there's more places in North Kitsap if you want to drive a little more...but it's probably close to the same amount of driving as it is to go to Gig Harbor or Tacoma. I know I'm forgetting some places closer to you, so if I remember I'll let you know. But definitely check out Lange's Ranch and Wildcat Lake! ~Amber

Anonymous said...

See if this link works:

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&oe=utf-8&q=wildcat+lake&ll=47.58741,-122.779083&spn=0.114621,0.233459&z=12&om=1

It should give you a google map...the arrow is pointing at Wildcat Lake on the left of the map, and (not wanting to give too much away here on the internet) you can see your "area" to the right of the map. If that's TMI for the internet feel free to delete this comment.

If you want more info I can tell you which route is quickest from your area to there, but I'll send that in an email!

~Amber

Anonymous said...

Okay so I suck...cluttering up your comments section :-) It didn't work to paste that link into the comments, so if you want the link to that map, email me...I just gave you my email recently, but I don't have yours yet.